Stop Press!

Trying to finish Cyprus trip. Four new videos uploaded into previous posts.

After trotting around Southeast Asia over the summer, I'm now back in the UK - Cambridge to be exact. Am trying my best to update as frequently as my clinical course will allow.

Entries on Italy and France two winters ago have been put on hold indefinitely. Read: possibly never. But we shall see.

Entries on Greece and Turkey last winter have also been put on hold for the time being.

Posted:
Don Det (Laos), Don Khone

Places yet to blog about:
Ban Nakasang, Champasak, Pakse, Tha Kaek, Vientienne, Vang Vien, Ban Phoudindaeng, Luang Prabang, Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), London (England), Cambridge

Monday 24 September 2007

Self-reflection II


This has been such an amazing summer for me. It's my first time backpacking alone in China. I've seen so many places, met so many people that although it's not what you'd call a life-changing experience, I've probably turned out all the better.


For one, I'm definitely stronger than I used to be in terms of making sure I don't get trodden on by other people. Being in dog-eat-dog China, you either fight to survive or you die with the rest of the mangy scoundrel.


I'm also more confident. I mean, backpacking in China on your own with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of its language is definitely an achievement. To this point, there's a sense of camaraderie between backpackers in China who strike up easy friendships due to the sharing of this experience between us.


Also, meeting this many people has opened up a whole new world or should I say, worlds of opportunity. I've heard so many amazing stories, of adventures just as, if not more fantastic than my own. I've heard how people have made their living travelling from one country to another and how they've started with just their one-way ticket out of their country tucked between the pages of their passport. If anything, I now know what I can do in the event my life doesn't turn out the way I want it.


To repeat what I've already said: This has been one epic adventure!

No comments: