Stop Press!

Trying to finish Cyprus trip. Four new videos uploaded into previous posts.

After trotting around Southeast Asia over the summer, I'm now back in the UK - Cambridge to be exact. Am trying my best to update as frequently as my clinical course will allow.

Entries on Italy and France two winters ago have been put on hold indefinitely. Read: possibly never. But we shall see.

Entries on Greece and Turkey last winter have also been put on hold for the time being.

Posted:
Don Det (Laos), Don Khone

Places yet to blog about:
Ban Nakasang, Champasak, Pakse, Tha Kaek, Vientienne, Vang Vien, Ban Phoudindaeng, Luang Prabang, Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), London (England), Cambridge

Thursday 13 December 2007

Happiness is a full stomach II


Because of its success, I decided to organize another potluck between us. Only this time, it was us three gay boys who cooked. Two reasons: Ting had been cooking for each of us every now and again and I felt bad for not having cooked for my friends thus far.


So despite not knowing how to cook, I tried to recall any simple dish I knew I could cook other than cup noodles or fried eggs, any whiff of a memory from what mother had taught me when I wasn't listening back then.


I won't divulge which dish is mine although you can probably guess. Coach joined us later on and we got him to guess which was whose. His comments for each of our three dishes were: 'Authentic. Confused. Obviously Tong.'


Yeah. So mine was 'confused' but to be fair, it was pitted against two other dishes cooked by a proper Asian and someone who took cooking lessons in Thailand. So it was well unfair. It didn't turn out too bad though considering how we ended up finishing it.


Coach said my dish brought back fond memories of his childhood days when he used to go camping in the woods with his mates and had to cook over an open fire. It's not very far-off is it? Sitting around the table instead of a fireplace with good food and those who truly matter.


And just for comedy value: our drawings of a wolf after Pictionary which seems to be the latest obsession. We play it at all of our little parties. Guess which one's Ting's.

No comments: