Stop Press!

Trying to finish Cyprus trip. Four new videos uploaded into previous posts.

After trotting around Southeast Asia over the summer, I'm now back in the UK - Cambridge to be exact. Am trying my best to update as frequently as my clinical course will allow.

Entries on Italy and France two winters ago have been put on hold indefinitely. Read: possibly never. But we shall see.

Entries on Greece and Turkey last winter have also been put on hold for the time being.

Posted:
Don Det (Laos), Don Khone

Places yet to blog about:
Ban Nakasang, Champasak, Pakse, Tha Kaek, Vientienne, Vang Vien, Ban Phoudindaeng, Luang Prabang, Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), London (England), Cambridge

Sunday 16 December 2007

Vienna - Brno (Train)

I'm gently easing myself into this adventure. Travelbug has left me out of sheer frustration and boredom so I find it really hard to get myself excited about this trip, interested even to say the least. But part of me knows I really need this because I'll never have this chance again and I'll definitely regret it when Lent arrives.


Camel greets me on the platform itself. I briefly meet her sister who's heading to Prague for a workshop. Her brother drives us back home from Brno's train station to the small village of Tetcice. Camel and her father then treats me to a tour of the house: it's a work of art and love.


For three years, Camel's grandfather and father built this house from scratch. With two floors and a loft, it's beautiful in its simplicity. Tanks collecting litres of rainwater as well as firewood and gas to keep the house warm make it self-sufficient. Their terraced garden also has plots dedicated to growing vegetables and fruits like ice salads, apricots, grapes, strawberries and what-nots.


You can tell it's his pride and joy. 'You're not a man until you've built a house, planted a tree and fathered a child,' Camel's father propounds to me loudly. And rightfully so, seeing as he's already fulfilled all three requirements.

No comments: