Stop Press!

Trying to finish Cyprus trip. Four new videos uploaded into previous posts.

After trotting around Southeast Asia over the summer, I'm now back in the UK - Cambridge to be exact. Am trying my best to update as frequently as my clinical course will allow.

Entries on Italy and France two winters ago have been put on hold indefinitely. Read: possibly never. But we shall see.

Entries on Greece and Turkey last winter have also been put on hold for the time being.

Posted:
Don Det (Laos), Don Khone

Places yet to blog about:
Ban Nakasang, Champasak, Pakse, Tha Kaek, Vientienne, Vang Vien, Ban Phoudindaeng, Luang Prabang, Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), London (England), Cambridge

Friday 1 August 2008

Chau Doc I


It's lovely here in the Mekong delta town of Chau Doc - so much so that I've decided to spend another day here. I need to remind myself that there's absolutely no rush at all. Besides, I really should gather as much information as I can about my boat trip to Phnom Penh before I commit to anything.


I've got really nice accommodation too - my own room with two king-size beds and my very own similarly-sized balcony. The bathroom is out on the landing but because my room is the only one up here and it's the highest floor, no one ever comes up here so I basically have the whole floor to myself. The view up here is good too: it faces away from the river but I can peek over the side to get a view of it.


It's currently raining, which blows, because I got up late and decided to skip breakfast. So now I can't get lunch or look around town. I also had to bring in my clothes which were drying out on the balcony. But the overall effect is calming and in some ways, surprisingly reassuring. I don't think I could've asked for more: rain in the Mekong delta. I do hope everything clears up soon though and it'll all be beautiful after the rain.

No comments: