Stop Press!

Trying to finish Cyprus trip. Four new videos uploaded into previous posts.

After trotting around Southeast Asia over the summer, I'm now back in the UK - Cambridge to be exact. Am trying my best to update as frequently as my clinical course will allow.

Entries on Italy and France two winters ago have been put on hold indefinitely. Read: possibly never. But we shall see.

Entries on Greece and Turkey last winter have also been put on hold for the time being.

Posted:
Don Det (Laos), Don Khone

Places yet to blog about:
Ban Nakasang, Champasak, Pakse, Tha Kaek, Vientienne, Vang Vien, Ban Phoudindaeng, Luang Prabang, Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), London (England), Cambridge

Friday 1 August 2008

Banh Mi


I brave the drizzle and puddly roads in my slippers for lunch. What is it about growing up and our obsession with keeping our feet clean? Note to self: must go for a jog in the rain through muddy fields when back in Cambridge.

***


I muster enough courage to try Banh Mi for the first time ever (and possibly the last unless I can find it outside of Vietnam). Reasons why I've never tried it so far:

  • Everything - bread, meat, vegetables - is handled with bare hands
  • There is no element of heating (cooking) involved
  • The whole thing is wrapped in newspaper and placed in a plastic bag


...It's actually really good! Now to wait and see if I fall sick.

***


Yay! the rain has stopped and I'm not sick.

No comments: