Stop Press!

Trying to finish Cyprus trip. Four new videos uploaded into previous posts.

After trotting around Southeast Asia over the summer, I'm now back in the UK - Cambridge to be exact. Am trying my best to update as frequently as my clinical course will allow.

Entries on Italy and France two winters ago have been put on hold indefinitely. Read: possibly never. But we shall see.

Entries on Greece and Turkey last winter have also been put on hold for the time being.

Posted:
Don Det (Laos), Don Khone

Places yet to blog about:
Ban Nakasang, Champasak, Pakse, Tha Kaek, Vientienne, Vang Vien, Ban Phoudindaeng, Luang Prabang, Khon Kaen (Thailand), Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), London (England), Cambridge

Sunday 6 July 2008

Tate Modern

Photo courtesy of lee1004gg @ Flickr

I see the white dome of St. Paul's Cathedral setting the skyline of London Thames riverside and I think it is art. Not a canvas filled with random blotches of paint.

Photo courtesy of trondelarius @ Flickr

I see a small insignificant figure huddling by the tall walls of the turbine hall of what used to be a power station now converted into a modern art gallery and I think it is art. Not a ten minute video of someone playing squash with herself in a white box.

Photo courtesy of laynecom @ Flickr

I see a mother helping her child solve a puzzle in front of a painting and I think it is art. Not a collection of soaps strung upon a steel wire.

Photo courtesy of pwiwε @ Flickr

I look at the contorted figures of Francis Bacon and I think it is art. Not emotionless photographs of people in a studio.

Photo courtesy of meaning_of_light @ Flickr

I think a lot of things are art. I just don't know how to appreciate modern art.

Photo courtesy of chrispercival @ Flickr

No comments: